THE father of a murdered schoolgirl linked to a child grooming epidemic has revealed he received a threat to "be careful".
Lucy Lowe was 16 and pregnant with her second child when she was killed along with mum Eileen, 49, and sister Sarah, 17, in an arson attack on their Telford home.
The house fire was started by Lucy’s 26-year-old taxi driver boyfriend, Azhar Ali Mehmood, who was later jailed for life for the murders – but was never arrested or charged over sex abuse.
The couple’s 15-month-old daughter, who had been moved to safety before the fire was lit, was found wrapped in a blanket under a tree in the back garden.
Lucy's father George, who survived that arson attack along with his granddaughter Tazneem, has now said police received a call from an untraceable pay-as-you-go handset, warning that he needed to "be careful".
Mr Lowe, who lives just outside Telford, told The Daily Mail: "A police officer visited me and said they would be implementing security measures at my home as a result of this phone call.
"They are not discounting the possibility of another arson attack."
The Sunday Mirror reported this weekend that Lucy could be one of up to 1,000 victims of grooming or childhood sexual abuse in the Shropshire town over the last four decades.
Lucy's uncle, Ed Lowe, says her murder should have alerted authorities to the town's scandal - thought to be one of the worst of its kind in modern Britain.
The 60-year-old, from Telford, told the Mirror: “Mehmood had sex with an underage girl. I raised it with police when she died but nothing ever came of it. I’ve never got my head around that. Why has he never been punished for it?
“He might call himself her boyfriend but she was underage. Why weren’t social services involved? This should have raised alarm bells. I believe this is still ongoing.”
He added: “Now he is up for parole after taking three lives and ruining a fourth. I asked victim support why he had not been prosecuted for child abuse. They told me he was prosecuted for the most serious crime. He should not come out.”
The 73-year-old said cops were called from an untraceable pay-as-you-go phone last week warning that the pensioner needed to "be careful".
The Telford child grooming ring could prove to be Britain’s "worst ever" with up to 1,000 kids drugged, raped and abused.
According to figures obtained by the Mirror under freedom of information laws, Telford and Wrekin Council received 715 child sexual exploitation referrals in three years but only acted on 324.
A council spokesman told the newspaper the figures “do not paint the whole picture”.
He added: "A referral to children’s safeguarding service is just one of a number of appropriate outcomes to a contact of this type.
"Our analysis shows that all the contacts received a proportionate response.
"In addition to the 33% referred to Children Safeguarding Service, a further 38% were referred to another council or partner service and the remaining 29% receiving information and advice."
Authorities in Shropshire repeatedly failed to stamp out the network of perverts and paedophiles, which is believed to have started in the 1980s.
The number of victims estimated by child abuse experts means there could have been more per head of population than in the scandals that rocked Rochdale and Rotherham in recent years.
Social workers were said to have known about the offending as far back as the 1990s, but it took cops a decade to launch a probe.
One of the victims was just 15-years-old when she was targeted by abusers in 2004, becoming pregnant several times in four years.
She had three abortions and one miscarriage.
In 2002 another schoolgirl – Becky Watson, 13 – was killed in an unexplained car accident in the Shropshire town.
Despite the smash being recorded at the time as a “prank” gone wrong, it later emerged she had reportedly been abused by an Asian grooming gang since she was 11.
Becky’s friend Vicky Round was abused by the same gang, who got her hooked on crack cocaine at 12 and heroin by 14.