SHOPPERS are set to spend £1.4billion online today and cause websites to crash in a digital Cyber Monday spending spree.
Retailers are expected to reduce products by up to 85 per cent, with even bigger discounts than Black Friday.
Today's online shopping spree is expected to be a record-breaking Cyber Monday as £1.4billion is set to be spent, compared to Friday's £1.04billion.
High street spending on Black Friday 2018 was down by around £0.5billion on previous years as shoppers increasingly choose to spend their money online.
But Brits are actually expected to spend more on the high street than online today, according to data by the Centre for Retail Research and VoucherCodes.
Shoppers are set to splash out £1.55billion in stores - up from the £1.4billion they spent on Black Friday.
Our pick of the best Cyber Monday deals
Hotpoint Washing Machine - Currys PC World
- Was: £319.99. Now: £219. Save: £100.99 (31 per cent) - buy now
Nintendo Switch Neon Red - Currys PC World
- Was: £279.99. Now: £249.99. Save: £30 (11 per cent) - buy now
Paw Patrol Ultimate Rescue Fire Truck - Amazon
- Was: £69.99. Now: £49.99. Save: £20 (29 per cent) - buy now
Poopsie Surprise Unicorn - Amazon
- Was: £49.99. Now: £43.90. Save: £6.09 (12 per cent) - buy now
Samsung Frost Free Fridge Freezer - AO.com
- Was: £729. Now: £599. Save: £130 (18 per cent) - buy now
Sim Free Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB Mobile Phone - Argos
- Was: £609. Now: £389.95. Save: £219.05 (36 per cent) - buy now
In total, shoppers are predicted to spend £2.96billion online and offline on Cyber Monday - the most of any Black Friday sale day.
But the busiest online shopping day of the year is expected to cause problems for some sites as the number of visitors soars.
Debenhams, Game and Gym Shark all froze on Friday due to increased hits on the sites and today is set to cause even more chaos.
Peak times were expected to be earlier this morning at 6am and 8am as rush-hour commuters shopped on their mobiles.
Find our other 'Best Cyber Monday and Black Friday deals' pages below
Looking to snap up a Cyber Monday bargain? Here's where you can find the best deals.
- Fashion and footwear
- Food and alcohol
- Home and garden
VoucherCodes marketing director Jimmy New said: “Many websites implemented queues on Friday. Some will buckle under the pressure."
But experts have warned online stores will be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't prepare their sites for large numbers of shoppers.
Gavin Lowther of retail website software firm Visualsoft said "Retailers are not learning from embarrassing website crashes.
"They will lose out as they are not getting the basics right."
Up to 12million bargain-hunters will part with an average of £118 each, adding up to £1.47million a minute over the 16 hours most are likely to do their shopping.
Around £600million will be spent using phones, almost half the online total.
SPONSORED: How Switchcraft could save you £100s a year
SWITCHCRAFT is a new automatic switching service that guarantees to find the cheapest gas and electricity tariff for you.
Once you're signed up it continues to search for better deals and automatically moves you onto the cheapest one - and Switchcraft says it could save you £518 a year.
- Sign up to Switchcraft for free and get £5 cashback - here.
So, how does Switchcraft work?
£5 cashback is paid into your bank account within 4 months of completing the switch. Pre-paid meter customers will receive a £5 Amazon voucher. Promotion ends 31/12/18. Open to those aged 18 and over. UK residents only. Click here for full T&Cs.
NewsUK has a brand partnership with Switchcraft.
John Lewis said the most searched-for item on its site was Apple Air-Pod earphones, reduced by £100 to £269.
But it's not just electrical products that are popular during this annual sale as online searches for holidays and flights have risen by 1,050 per cent in the past week.
Meanwhile, almost one in five millennials admitted to "ghost buying" on Black Friday - when shoppers head to the high street to find what they want before waiting to purchase products online on Cyber Monday for a cheaper price.
The four-day sales period between Black Friday and Cyber Monday brings in £8.29billion and is bigger than the days before and after Christmas.
Here are our guides to the best Cyber Monday deals:
- Hot on the heels of Black Friday, here is everything you need to know about Cyber Monday
- The Nintendo Switch price has come crashing down for Cyber Monday
- Home and garden deals usually see the biggest discounts today - here are our top picks
- There are also huge sales on fridge freezers
- Pricey Dyson vacuum cleaners have also been reduced
- And there are also some great deals on top toys for Christmas
- Argos has slashed prices of appliances and electrical products
- Watch out for dud deals as we found offers on products that are up to a third cheaper at other times of the year